Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hoover Dam-Vegas

 Every year Eric's parents (Papa & Nana) have a cousin camp.  The kids spend 4 days in St. George doing crafts, cooking, swimming, movies, hiking.....  This has been something that my kids look forward too every summer.  This year was no different even though we had just spent 14 hours in the car driving to Arizona.  Mid June, we turned right around and made our way back to Utah for this event.  This was the first year that we had ALL of our kids going.  Crew was finally potty trained, so we felt like we needed to take advantage of the four days without kids!  On our way to drop them off, we stopped at the Hoover Dam.  I've been there before, but that was back in the day when the main road allowed you to cross the dam.  Now it has been turned into a tourist site.  Thanks goodness we had two weeks of heat under our belts, cause when we got to the Dam it was stinkin hot!.  We didn't have time to really walk the whole Dam or go to the visitors center, but what we did see was fun and a great experience for the kids.


 So now on to Vegas.  We met Dave and Kris in Vegas for some lunch and to drop off the kids.  Once they were on their way, we got checked into the New York New York to enjoy a relaxing few days.  (Much Needed I might add)
 We hit a few movies and enjoyed the Stip at night.  By that I mean the main road  in Las Vegas.  Nothing More!!

Diablo's is a must when we go to Vegas.  It's  a yummy restaurant on the Strip across form M&M world.  Don't let the title fool you.  It's not a place where the Devil hangs out, just yummy food and music.  "Beings the Fact" that it's in Vegas, the Devil could possibly be there, but we usually go in the later afternoon to avoid that possibility! lol

 Eric surprised me with tickets to go to the Jabbawockeez Dance Crew.  They were awesome.  I love watching people dance so this was right up my alley.

 We always love the Pool.  The New York has a nice set up.  It was fun to relax there.  We hung out for several hours a day and it sure was bliss.


 We also LOVE Gelato!  I think we walked the entire strip to get to this place but boy was it worth it.
 Well, worth it until we realized we had to walk back.  Don't judge me for sitting on the nasty sidewalk. My back was super tired.  I tried to find a clean spot!


Overall, it was a wonderful week.  We picked up the kiddos in St. George and before leaving had a pool party with the cousins, parents, Papa/Nana, and Grandma Jo and MJ even graced our presence.  It's always fun to see family.

Speaking of family, this week my family is getting together in Monticello to bid adieu to Chad and Brooke, Austin, Ava, and Olivia. They are moving to Italy for several years and we are going to miss them so so much.  My kids start school Monday and with the orientation, Eric's work, and only one car, we are not able to be there for the festivities.  I'm not going to lie.........it stinks.  I know it's life, but life sometimes stinks.  I'm just so grateful that I have a family that loves each other enough to want to get together and share our lives with one another.  I love you all Eardley family.  We will get up there sooner or later, I promise!!  As for you, Chad and Brooke, we will start saving our pennies for Italy!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you blog it up now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you guys! So glad you guys got some R&R in Vegas. Squeeze the kids for us and we would LOVE to see you in Italy! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete