So this Picture was taken at the Chevron in Eagle Mountain while Eric filled up for gas. We just drove away from our house. Look at those faces. They say it all. They didn't even know I took this picture, but I'm glad I did because I couldn't have described in words how that day felt. But onto the Journey of getting to Arizona.
We spent the night in St. George so the travels weren't so long. My back was a trooper and having a portable stym pack on it the whole time that we drove, made the ride bearable. Once we got back on the road early Wednesday June 6th, we made our first stop in Henderson Nevada to have lunch. After Henderson, the journey was all new. I know I've been to the Hoover Dam before, but I don't remember much about it, so the roads and scenery were so new to me and of course the kids.
I threw this picture in here because I know ya'll wanted to see my bright shiny face! Actually, I chopped my hair off right before the move. I figure I needed my spunk back and short hair is where I find my spunk. So.......I'm Back! I realize I have a few more crows feet since the last time I had short hair. A few more scars too ;)
This is a picture of Lake Mead in Boulder Nevada. It was way prettier than this picture shows. We then drove over the HUGE bridge over the Hoover Dam soon after this picture.
And here is the Arizona border. Crazy to think this is our Home now.
Ok, so this is a funny story. We are on the freeway making good time, and all of the sudden Eric yells Ethan, Ethan did you see that Bugatti. I was just minding my own business and it scared me to death when all the sudden Eric starts hoopin and hollarin! No Joke, within 10 secs, he had the car turned around and we were heading back to the little pudunk reststop in the middle of nowhere............to look at a car. LOL Now, those of you who know my boys know that all 3 of them are serious car enthusiests. They know everything there is to know about cars. Even Ethan and Crew. When we get to the rest stop, we notice several other nice cars and quite a few cars there in general. More than there should be at a joint like this in the middle of the day. As we got closer to the car, there were alot of men sitting around in the shade (dressed European like) and going in and out of the store. I said out loud in my joking tone....."Don't Worry, we just flipped around to come see this car! Who's Bugatti is this?" All the men chucked and some started speaking in French to one another. Then a gentlemen, with his French accent proceeds to tell me the Owner is inside in a white shirt. By then Eric and Ethan and probably 3 other passer-by's were snapping pics of the car. I'm talking like Glamour Shots people. Rims, Logo, Back End, Front End, you name it, they all got a close up. The Bugatti and it's Entourage was there for the Gumball 3000. It's a cross country race that requires alot of money to be apart of. Just so you know a Bugatti retails for 1.2 Million Dollars. You don't see one of these everyday, so it's no wonder we took an instant U-turn to check the sucker out. We walked into the store and it was chuck full of French men. We thought maybe we would use the restroom while we were stopped, but the line was crazy long. I notice as we were trying to decide what to do, the gentlemen that spoke to me outside about the car was pointing towards Eric and I and talking to a man sitting down. I got Erics attention and pointed to the man sitting saying, "That's the owner". The store quited down a bit and Erics says, "I love you car, Man!" He nodded and said Thanks you. Another guys hollars out, "Well he likes your wife. I bet he'd trade straight across." (said in a French accent remember) The place chuckles and I say, "Sounds like a fair trade to me!" Everyone chuckles again. Eric smiles bashfully and we are headed out the door as Eric waves bye.
I'm not gonna lie. That kinda made me feel like, oh I don't know, 1.2 MiLLION DOLLARS!! The only problem is I think Eric was honestly considering it. Don't test him people. He would trade me for one of those given the chance. That is until he relizes those rims got nothin on this girl and her 45 scars, crooked eye, dimply bottom and Eardley Laugh. Oh yeah, and 4 gorgeous children, an amazing life and an Eternity of Growth and Love. (precious)
Now we are back on the road with blood pressures rasied from the car sighting and flirtatious french men. We had a ways to go still, so back on went the headphones and faces to ipods. Once we got in the Phoenix Valley it was all about getting my barrings straight, memorizing new Interstates, and spotting good shopping areas.
Look at that traffic in Phoenix. Glad we were going the opposite direction.
Once we got through the Phoenix valley, we passed Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and then just kept on truckin down I-10. I honestly was like, where we goin'? We must have just missed out exit or something.
NOPE. JUST KEPT GOING
30 MINS LATER..... We got off the exit which if you go West you are 5 Mins out from Casa Grande. (Where Eric Works) We went left. and Soon after saw the sign above. Then we turned right.
Now we are on this road, and I was convinced Eric was taking me to the desert to dig me a grave. We had been in the car for so dang long, and we were so hungry and tired. I know I was a harsh critic at first just simply because I was completely out of my comfort zone. Nothing was familiar. Eric had picked our house out and had been living in the area for a Month. He was already checked out of Utah and I was reaching behind me like a child being ripped from their mothers arms. I was trying so hard to be brave, but boy it was hard to surrender to the idea that THIS was my NEW HOME.
After several more turns on small country roads, we passed a small Walmart standing alone and there was one stoplight on the way. There were beautiful farms and the time of day was gorgeous. I love big green farmland, so my heart was warming up to the idea of farms nearby.
The hill that you can see towards the right of the picture in the distance is what we call "Finger Hill ". We can find Anthem based on where the pointy hill is. We have a gorgeous view of it out our vaulted window and in the evening the sunsets are like no other. I know the hill isn't much, but it's a landmark for us and something that gives us a LITTLE bit of Utah.(It's no Wasatch Front, but maybe a chunk of it that reminds us of the Mountains.) It's a little bit of the Old brought into the New. A good compliment to each other.
So, all of the sudden you come around this corner and BAM, you see this water tank that says Anthem. It goes from Country to Groomed Community in a matter of seconds. I was really impressed when we drove into the neighborhood. Lots of bright flowers and rocks. Lots of Lizards and Cactus. I didn't get a pic of the house from the outside for some dumb reason, but I'll post that later. Here we are right before we go in.
This is the backyard. Small, but really nicely landscaped for AZ. WE HAVE GRASS. That was important for me. I really wanted some green in my yard. It's not the softest grass, but beggers can't be choosers!
This is the sunset our first night as we were returning the Uhaul. This picture doesn't do it justice. AT ALL
All around the community there are walking trails. Across the street from our house is a small park and this is the trail that is connected to it. We usually walk this trail to get to the pool. Our trek here consisted of at least 3 lizards. Good thing they weren't snakes or I would have walked back to Utah. NO JOKE
These last 3 pics are of the Pool in our Community. It is pretty dang sweet. I know these aren't great pics, but you get the idea. We have loved this place and it has saved our bacon being our first summer here. It has been about 108 on average since we've been here. I sweat all day long. I'll be vacuuming and sweat is dripping down my forehead and back. I'm getting used to it, but I now understand why everyone here looks like a hot mess. Cause they are just that! A hot mess!! Myself included. Poor Eric doesn't come home to his attractive wife in stilettos and airbrushed makeup anymore. Baahhhhh! Yeah Right. Honestly though, it does make the motivation meter to get "ready" for the day stay at a 1-2 most of the time. Do ya blame me. I know I just have to make it through this part and then come November, ya'll are going to be booking a room here. Which reminds me, we are lonely. The Cunningham Inn has cobwebs. This is abnormal in our world. That in and of itself is an adjustment. Anyone is welcome Anytime, and I mean that. It's an open ended invitation. The Community center is only 3 bucks a person for our Guests and it has so much to do. There is a Championship Golfcourse in the community called Poston Butte. It's pretty legit. I want to learn how to golf. You would think I would already know, but I was too lazy to ask my dad or 4 brothers for tips. I'm a late starter.
I know a lot of you have asked for pictures of the inside of the house. I am documenting things and I promise that post is coming. I have at least one more before that post, so keep checking back and prepare to be amazed! (whatever) Also, I wanted to start putting design tips and pics on here once I get caught up with our life. If anyone has questions about specific design concepts, please leave a comment or email me. I'd love to be of service to you. I'm having fun finding creative ways to make this rental have our print on it without too many holes in walls, and Painting the walls is out of the question. I feel lucky to have a brain that allows this to be fun for me and not a burden. I want to share that gift and give all of you a chance to feel comfortable and happy in your space. Just ask and I'll do my best to help you out via the internet.
I hope you aren't getting sick of my Over Sharing, but honestly, this is all the stuff I have wanted to call each of you up and tell, but then I didn't. I'm so rotten, I know. I hope this has been a good way for you to keep better tabs on the Cunningham Clan. Ta Ta for Now.........................
Happy 4th of July everyone.






















Say no more, I am coming to visit! WEll... not till the summer is over, that's for dang sure. ;) And when I do, I am packing tons of bottled water and survival kits in case our car breaks down from the ride to your house from the airport, cause it looks like I could die a long, slow death out there!!! Haha~!
ReplyDelete