We had our first visitors from Utah this last weekend. It was so good to see Sunny Jensen and her girls Rehl, and Summer. We have known the Jensen's for 11 years. We lived by them in Riverton. We both built our Condo's together. There has been so much happen in both of our lives in the past 11 years, but through it all, our friendship has stood the test of time and trial. I can't say that we did anything fancy, unless cheeseburgers at "Dirty Ron's" aka "McDonalds", is your kind of fancy. The kids played, Sunny and I chatted and that's about it. Needless to say in all our "adventure", we had so much fun. It was so cool bringing our "old" life and our "new" life together. Thanks so much Sunny for you extra efforts to come see us. We know the extra road time was a lot, but it made our day/week/month! We love you guys!
And that brings me to Crew.........Ok, by that segway you can tell that this is a random post of lots of crazy stuff.
We had our first defecation of public property by this little bugger. Thank the Heavens above for the inventiveness bestowed upon the individual that created the Magic Eraser! If you don't know of this product, I'm very sorry!
And then there was the Pool Adventures. Ethan and Crew were having fun doing poses and then jumping into the pool.....So much so, that Ethan received a beautiful gift from the edge. We butterflied the crud out of that thing and it looks fantastic! Really, it does.
The first thing he asked when he bonked his chin was, "Can I call Parker?" Parker is his bestie from EM. How funny is that! Glad to know that Parker can offer such wonderful support even from Utah.
I hope this picture doesn't cross the line. I did my best to polarize it. Crew just wanted to show off the "White Shorts" he has on. Isn't it funny how the shorts have a bummy crack printed on them! LOL We are all somewhat darker in pigment then when we left Utah. Hope you all recognize us when you see us next.
Ok, now, the next two pictures need some explanation. Crew is all about Ninja stuff these days. He's actually a pretty good fighter. He has to be, with all the wrestling/ superhero stuff that goes on around here. We are working with him to know when it's ok to throw a faux right hook upper punch combo, but he is still learning those boundries. He has an old roll of wrapping paper that I wrapped in duct tape that he uses for his samarai sword. Next comes the make-shift ninja mask that I whipped up in a matter of 2 seconds with some old material. I then put a piece of elastic around his chest so that his sword will stay put on his back when he is running and flipping around. As for the bright colored material on his back.......I have no clue what that is. A top secret weapon I imagine. This kid makes me laugh so much. He is ALL boy. We can't wait until we can get outside and run around more. This boy is gonna love the sunny Winter months here. I don't think he'll be the only one!
Oh my gosh, where do I start!!??? This post made me so slap-happy! Um, the white shorts? GENIUS. Love it! Just so ya know, the last thing Brooklyn said to me tonight was, "I want to marry someone in the temple, do you know who it is?... Crew!" What more could I ask for? Yes, they will be married one day, and through this union, you and I will be sealed together too. It makes perfect sense in so many ways!!!!
ReplyDeleteTell Ethan that he is the toughest guy I know. Remind him about our deal. (Remind Sage too, while you are at it. I made the same deal with her.)
I miss you all!!
meow